Monday, March 16, 2009

Ode to a three month old...by Mommy

Oh my tiny boy you are growing,
And though I don't yet understand,
Why you look at me so all knowing,
I feel privileged to hold your pudgy hand,
Sleeping through the night and eating 6 ounces at a time isn't for you,
Why sleep when there is so much to see and discuss,
I promise to always try and provide you with a view,
If you promise to keep smiling and blowing spitty bubbles at us.
(It's been a long time since English 101 but I think I got the rhyme scheme right.)



Ezra's journal came today! Our good friend Katie suggested that instead of trying to keep up a baby book (I've been seriously slacking) or a daily journal, I should keep a simple notebook and write in it at every "month" anniversary. That way if the baby books never get completed, or the journal gets forgotten, at least he will be able to go back and read a little bit about himself every month and what our family was doing. Costco makes cute personalized notebooks for a CRAZY good price. I can't wait to fill it up. =)

3 comments:

ChrisandJill said...

I just discovered your blog. I realize now that you have commented on my blog before as well and I didn't recognize you. I thought you were a friend of my husband from high school, how embarrassing. You guys are the cutest family. Ezra is adorable. I love that name, it was on our short list. There is so much catching up to do. I might have to e-mail you.

Anderson Family said...

Jen you are so talented! I love your ode. My mom wrote poems about each of her children and a few have been published. You should yours to a magazine.

Lisa Berg Vincent said...

cute cute cute and more cute!!!! I love your creativity Ren! That is seriously one lucky boy!! Love you! xoxoxox

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com