Start with six TART Granny smith apples (lucky for me they were on sale for a dollar a pound)
Have a little helper watch you while you peel, core, and cut each apple into eights.

Combine the magical secret ingredients (for fear of somehow being charged with a copyright violation I'm not typing the whole recipe...yesh I know...I'm an overcautious freak! Email me if you want the whole thing. HA!)
Bake in the oven for about an hour and VIOLA! The perfect family home evening treat!
The best part about this recipe (despite the novelty of it being so old) is that it tastes JUST like apple pie a la mode....all warm and creamy...mmmmm!

5 comments:
I am seriously salivating! You are a domestic goddess!
OH I so love Little Heathens. I have been trying to get the gals in my book club to read it. I seem to have a hard time convincing them. Those pies look delicious. I will have to give some of those recipes a try.
Mmmm. Me want pie now. mmmmm.
Oh you adorable little Martha Stewart! Ezra and Talin are the luckiest people in the world to get to live in your presence! P.S. - there better be some of that pie left for me when I get there!!!! ;)
YUM! Thanks for sharing. It looks SO good.
Post a Comment