Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Skinny Bitch saves my day!

Yay for Lisa!! Ha ha ha ha, ok let me explain. Lisa came out yesterday to spend a few hours shopping, eating and getting my mind off of labor. As soon as I picked her up from the airport she started talking to me about her new favorite book, "Skinny Bitch". Has anyone read it? The best part is that her enthusiasm for it's healthy "change your life" advice, totally got me all excited and wanting to read it (despite it's naughty name)...lucky for me she accidentally left it in the backseat of Talin's car. YAY FOR A NEW BOOK TO READ!! =)
I'm so lucky to have a sister that can jump on a plane and make home feel like it's right around the corner.
We went shopping at Baby Gap and found the cutest outfits on CRAZY sale! We went down to my favorite bakery and picked out yummy treats. We waited for Talin to came home and then we all went to whole foods for dinner (mmmmmm soup...it's like 40 degrees lately!)
I had a few braxton hicks while she was here (which made me so excited) but in the end...I had a great night's sleep with no pesky contractions to wake me up...bah! =)
Actually...now that I think about it...yesterday was awesome!!! I got to hang out with my cute friend Dru and her adorable new baby Cache....I got to go to lunch with my Talin man...i got to see my sister....freak what am I whining about-THINGS ARE GREAT! =)

2 comments:

Stephen Elison said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm going to have to get a copy of that book...the title makes it sound interesting! :o)

Lisa Berg Vincent said...

Oh yea Rennie poo!! Ha ha - ok - your post just made me laugh so hard! Just for the record - I love love love the book - but future readers beware - the language is terrible - I suggest reading it with some white out :) good suggestion Jen. But the message is amazing - literally has changed my life!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com