Monday, December 15, 2008

Rain, walking, and a dead camera.

Ok...I have to be honest...I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!! I wish I would have stayed at work. Lesson planning, grading, and laughing at kids has a way of taking your mind off the WAITING GAME! My body and I have been having long conversations.....my BABY and I have been having long conversations....my doula, my doctor, my family, my husband...we've all been having long conversations. It's amazing how everyone has a different opinion-and yet we all want the same thing. Well...baby and body win this conversation...for now he's staying put. But, come Friday, the doctor wins-MANDATORY INDUCEMENT. Baby passes all of his tests happily though-nice movement, nice fluid, things are good. So I guess I need to work on my patience. *sigh*
I found myself walking around Ikea for like 2 hours today. Rachel, our doula, suggested that I walk but it's raining like crazy lately (YAY) so I decided to go to the biggest indoor area I could think of. On the plus side I found a way cute shelf and hooks to go above the baby's bed. I'm going to put Tal's Ugly Dolls on the shelf and maybe hang some of the cute blankets or little outfits that we have waiting to be filled. =)
I also went to Michael's and bought letters for the baby's room. Lisa and Mom did a Halloween craft where they hodge podged cute paper on top of wooden letters (I've never seen it out here but I guess it's a pretty standard craft in Utah). I must have sent Talin 20 picture text messages of the paper I wanted to glue onto the letters because I couldn't decide!! Good thing we don't have a Heartland Paper store, I would have been in there for hours. I found cute stockings for Talin and I at Pottery Barn kids to match the new one we got for the baby (from the sweet Vincent family)....oh...yeah...that's right I walked around the mall too!! HAHAHAHAHA I REALLY need to go back to work!!!
I was so excited to post pictures of all the fun stuff but then I realized my camera is dead and we don't know where the charger is...not good. Anyway-if you're still reading this you must know by now how truly....insanely....bored I am!!!!!! SAVE ME! =)

6 comments:

Lisa Berg Vincent said...

Oh my Rennie!!!! This too shall pass! I promise I promise I promise this moment in time will look so small compared to the wonderful huge event that is just on the horizon. I can't wait to kiss my new nephew! Love you so much! P.S. I am working on saving you - really ;)

thomas family said...

Hang in there Jen!! I had to be induced with Ri, Mostly because of medical reasons, and he just wasn't going to show! I know when your at the end, one week seems like an eternity. He'll be here, he can't stay in forever, even though right now it feels that way.

Anderson Family said...

Oh, it is so hard to be patient! He just wants makes sure he is fully cooked and not doughy in the the middle!

Heidi said...

You are a ticking time bomb!! I remember feeling it could be any minute!! I hope you are in labor right now! A lady stopped me a few days before I had Christiana when I was exploding and said, "I am so happy for you, your life will begin that day!" She was so sincere and it is so true!!!

Jen said...

Thanks friends! =) I really am trying to just enjoy the time I have right now before everything changes, but I do feel like a time bomb! =)

val said...

find that camera charger! right now! we're going to need to see photos of this little guy.
i'm glad you've had fun with your sister, talin and friends while you wait....good luck!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com