Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas in 56 degree weather

Last weekend Tal admitted to me that he doesn't feel like it's Christmas. It made me so sad! This is the first Christmas we won't spend in Utah in 28 years!!! How crazy is that? The thought of looking at the palm trees across the street on Christmas morning is a little depressing. So-let the decorating begin! We found a BEAUTIFUL tree and decorated it, with some help from the cats. We play Christmas music non-stop and watch all of the old hokey specials that we can. I think it's helping. =) I bought Christmas lights for our labor room yesterday. I'm stuffing them into a huge glass vase, turning off all of the lights and making Talin and our doula Rachel sing me Christmas songs while I labor. HAHA!

Tal finds the perfect tree!


Yay for Christmas...in sunglasses. =)


Owen helped string the lights...Emma ran for her life.


The lights are up and the skirt is tied...now we can decorate!


The ornament we got on our honeymooon in Hawaii.


Family Christmas photo. =)

5 comments:

Lisa Berg Vincent said...

Oh Yea!!!! Your first married Christmas how cute is that!! I'm telling you Ren - it doesn't seem like it now but.... years from now you and Tal will look back at this Christmas with very cherished memories - seriously! You have to find a way to print your blog - it would make the perfect little scrapbook for baby wadsy and you guys! Love you so much - hang in there!
Love
me
xoxoxox

Marcie said...

You can even be festive in California! Look at that cute tree! Are your kitties knocking off all the ornaments and trying to climb it? Scooter does that and broke a few glass balls throughout the years.
I was hoping for a Dec 7 baby, but any day is great. Good luck. I hope to hear all about it.

Jane Ann said...

while you're going to have your first +50 degree weather christmas, i'll be having my first -50 christmas! in fact it's probably more like sub 40 degrees! I might have my first white christmas!

take care jen!! miss ya!

Anderson Family said...

Oh, to have real tree again! That makes you very festive.

I love the idea of light and christmas songs during labor!

Talin said...

It's just not the same... sigh. But I guess we have eachother! And cats!
Strangely, they both could care less about the tree. Owen did carry that little branch around for a few days. Then he saw me throw it away and he had the saddest look on his face. Now I feel bad.
We did find a great tree though. Very shapely. Easily a foot or more taller than the little one lsat year.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com