Remember the feeling you got on Christmas Eve when you were little? It was like your brain just SPRANG to life at like 2 am and no matter how much your parents told you to go to bed, or how much you tried to lay there and go back to sleep...you...were...too..dang...excited!!! My sisters and I used to share a room and on Christmas Eve we'd stash a flashlight in one of our beds and just sit up for hours telling stories and being silly until our parents finally agreed to get out of bed and open presents.
Well...it's 2 am! I wish I had my sisters and a stashed flashlight cause I CAN'T SLEEP ANYMORE! =) This is why women are supposed to go into labor naturally. It's just so crazy to actually have a date and time!! My brain doesn't want to sleep anymore...we're too excited. SOOOO many things are about to change, and I am not one to handle change well, I keep trying to sort things out or organize things so that I feel more in control. It's pretty dang hilarious!
Tal and I had a nice "night before". Our amazing home teachers came over and gave me a blessing (so comforting...we are so lucky to be in the world's most incredible ward!), we went to my favorite bakery and picked out labor room treats (yes...it's the same bakery I was at 2 days ago!), we ate a garlic loaded dinner at a new Italian restaurant we've always wanted to try, we packed, cleaned, put up shelves for the baby...whew! Right before bed I took a candle lit shower to calm me down and stood there thinking to myself about how much I love Talin and how ....we are totally becoming a family. =)
Thanks for all of your support everyone, I feel so empowered knowing that your thoughts and prayers are with us today. I can't wait to post the pictures of our adventure and the new little Wadsworth man in our lives.
When Parenting Isn't What You Thought
10 years ago

2 comments:
Today is the day...everything will go perfectly!!! So excited.....EEEEE
Good luck & enjoy yourself Jen! Praying everything goes well today. I'm so excited for you - delivery is such an awesome experience! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy. :)
Post a Comment