
Today I went and had an acupuncturist do her best to convince my body to go into labor. Talking to my dr. yesterday about being induced really freaked me out (yesh, Lisa, I know inducement is the medical community's gift to child birth!) Tal and I have been really trying to keep things as natural as possible...and even though I won't feel bad if we end up needing EVERY medical assistance ever created, I really wanted to try and get things going on my own. Our Doula has given us a list of things to try before we go into the hospital next Tuesday for the inducement. We've done almost everything...so I guess it really is just a matter of waiting for my body to do it on it's own. I have to say though-having acupuncture done was one of those things that I've always had on my "to do before you die...if you ever get the guts" list. It was great! So relaxing and the most AMAZING feelings running through my body. I'm not kidding, I don't even have words to describe what it felt like because I've never experienced anything like it before! =) I would totally do it again!
So.....tonight I'm "moon bathing" on the roof, hoping the gravitational pull will yank the baby down and out. Freak...when did I become such a hippie?! =) I'll tell you what though-I am NOT eating the placenta! BLECH!!!!!!

4 comments:
I heard massaging your ankle's and the space in between your thumb and 1st finger will start the contractions, also drinking rasberry leaf tea, although that one did nothing for me. Walk like a mad woman. I know your probably sick of hearing ideas huh?
No! I love hearing them! Those are the exact spots where she stuck the needles. =) I'm totally a raspberry tea drinker-but I've been doing that one for a week. I don't think it works for me either.
That little guy is just a laughing at you! I'm sure he's waiting for as long as possible, just for you.
My friend took some herb and I can't remember the name. I'll see if I can track it down.
Glad to hear you won't be drinking your placenta. (I have a friend who does that) I am not a big fan of inducing either, but there does come a time where it is necessary. Ellie was 8 days and had pooped so they had to take her and it was by far my easiest labor. I still like them to come on there own, but either way as long as you get that healthy baby in your arms, that is all that matters. I am so excited for you and Tal!
Post a Comment