We kicked off "jungle week" last night with a trip to the Mayan Adventure restaurant. When it first opened in Utah, it's Walt Disney World like atmosphere and diving show was all the rage. It seems like the excitement has tapered off...although I'm not sure why. There aren't many restaurants in this county that seat you in a tree house in a the middle of a tropical rainforest and then give you a high dive show while you eat your meal. I was hoping Ezra would like it as much as I do.

He liked climbing on the stone snakes out front...

and he kind of liked waiting in the foyer. The decor reminded me of waiting in line at the Indiana Jones ride in Disney world. I could tell that Ezra was getting excited...

until they actually took us to our table! To be fair...his face looked like this the WHOLE time...not because of something he saw. Remember the face he had on the Small World ride? I'm labeling this his "I'm not so sure about this" face.

Then the dive show began...again..I thought he would really like watching the professional swimmers swing from the rafters and jump from huge rocks (see the feet at the top of the photo...whew that's high!)

He watched...he cried..and then he clapped maniacally when the show ended. It became pretty clear that he thought the divers were gone for good...as in...FOR GOOD! I explained that they had just swam away and that they would be back for a later show....at which point he rejected his dinner and fell asleep under a napkin on my chest. I was starting to feel like a pretty crappy mom at this point!

The divers from the show walked around to say hi...Ezra slept through it...

Pop Pop joined us after work (he's tickling Mimi in this picture...I love how cute they are!)

his presence promptly woke Ezra up....right in time for another dive show. Which he actually thought was ok. Oh good, things were looking up...

Until this happened! Chocolate cake with a sparkler?! WOW! Unless you're Ezra....

he clicked back into marsupial mode and it became obvious that it was time to head out!

Even though things were not as exciting as I planned...

I still think he had a pretty good time. I have a feeling he'll read this post in later years and say something like "what a cool restaurant! I can't believe I didn't like it! Can we go back?" and I'll say something like "oh baby they've been out of business for a long time now!" HA!

And...to be fair..we were up all night with the dreaded flu that has been making it's rounds in Utah. He may have just not been feeling much like partying in the jungle last night. =(

4 comments:
LOL, that sounds just like Amber was at the Rain Forest Cafe! She *finally* can appreciate it, and she is nine!
That places does look very cool, though. We would love that!
oh so cute he is! :)
I LOVE The Mayan! Though the food isn't half as good as the entertainment. You look so pretty in these pics, btw. :)
Thanks Ladies! =)
Post a Comment