Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Someone's in the kitchen

While we were in Utah, Ezra helped Mimi bring in the first of her tomato crop. Then she told him they were going to be making pico de gallo together and she taught him a new skill...
he had never really been interested in cooking before...but suddenly, he was standing eye level with all the action...
and he couldn't get enough!
Now, whenever I go into the kitchen and start pulling out ingredients I hear Ezra in the living room saying "chair, chair, chair" and sure enough...he's dragging a chair into the kitchen to stand with me and "help".
And, even though it doubles the prep time to have little hands helping, it's really fun to have him by my side. =)

2 comments:

krissy o said...

Kid help in the kitchen is the best! True, it can double or even triple your prep time, but my kids are way more jazzed to eat food that they helped to make than food that just appears on the table.

Anonymous said...

Sorry sweetheart, I seems to always be the first to introduce the little ones to the joy of standing on a chair and helping in the kitchen. I did it with Sophie too. I know it can be a hassle, but I now you've also found out how much fun it is too.

Ezra and I had such a good time and I miss talking and talking to you. *sigh* as much as I know I shouldn't I wish you would move home

love you all Mom and Mimi xoxox

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com