Dru had a dentist appointment today so Ezra and I got to play with Cache!
Sadly, Ezra was fast asleep when the party began...but it didn't take long for him to join in on the madness that was our Monday morning.
Sadly, Ezra was fast asleep when the party began...but it didn't take long for him to join in on the madness that was our Monday morning.
Five minutes into playing with Cache, I heard the faint echo of a fire alarm (our building system only sets off an alarm on the floor where there is smoke and the floors directly above and below..unless there is a verified BUILDING WIDE threat). I ignored it, as best I could, and continued to play....that is, until 4 fire trucks and a command vehicle showed up! GAH!!! I started to gather Cache's shoes and jacket...just in case, and the next thing I know THE ENTIRE BUILDING ALARM GOES OFF!!! WOOOOOOO!!!
Cache and I rushed to Ezra's room, only to find him sitting bolt upright in his crib clutching Harvey Monkey with all his might. I couldn't tell if his sleepy eyes were more confused to see Cache on my hip or the the flashing light of our hallway alarm box.
Cache and I rushed to Ezra's room, only to find him sitting bolt upright in his crib clutching Harvey Monkey with all his might. I couldn't tell if his sleepy eyes were more confused to see Cache on my hip or the the flashing light of our hallway alarm box.With both boys shoed and jacketed (are those even words) we made our way down the stairwell and out into the courtyard. A small crowd of stay-at-home mommies, and older residents were gathered together discussing the "fire" on the 6th floor. With multiple offers to "help with my boys" ( which I very quickly pointed out were FRIENDS having an adventurous play-date) we set about watching the fire fighters go in and out of the building.
After we were assured that the coast was clear and it was safe to go back inside. I squatted next to the boys and, wrapped my arms around them while we watched the trucks prepare to leave. A big fireman stopped and knelt down to hand out stickers and tousle hair. The chief appeared behind him and gave each boy an honorary junior firefighter plastic hat (which they both tossed off their heads in 5 seconds flat).
Back inside, we watched the trucks pull away and then the boys went back to playing. What a....fun...morning! =)
I have so much more respect for the mommies of multiples out there! One of the firemen asked me if Ezra was 1 and Cache was 2, and I thought to myself "oh my gosh I have my sister Lisa's family right now!" All I'd need is a curly haired 3 year old girl and that'd be about right.I have NO idea how you ladies are doing it! My red, plastic, hat is off to you! =)
I took this video of the guys playing together after the dust had settled...they're so funny!

3 comments:
What brave boys! And you're so awesome for getting both of them out - I would have been in an absolute panic!! That's awesome they got hats!
What an adventure!!!
Oh sister! What a cute post :) I love you so much and wish I could have been there to join in the crazy chaos - what a wonderful Mommy you are - Ezra is one lucky little boy! kish kish
Post a Comment