Sunday, March 28, 2010

Earth Hour 2010

On Saturday Talin and I celebrated Earth Hour! From 8:30-9:30 we turned off all of our lights (and appliances, just for good measure) to join almost a billion people around the world taking a stance against climate change.As a lucky coincidence, the missionaries had decided to come by to chat and relax as they ended their day. The four of us (Ezra was fast asleep at this point) sat in the flickering lights and talked about childhood, future plans, and Halloween (something about the tea lights made EVERYONE think about pumpkins they had carved). What a great way to pass the hour!
Even though this was such a small action and won't make much of a difference right now, Tal and I are hoping that this event gets bigger with each year and finally evolves into a joint force to help heal our Earth. We've been watching "Life" on the Discovery Channel every Sunday, and it blows my mind how many creatures, rhythms, and places of our world are undiscovered, unknown, and so hauntingly beautiful.
We're thankful every day for the beauty that surrounds us! We want to do our part to help preserve it for Ezra and his children's children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason unknown to me hardly any of your pictures are showing up. On this post only the next to the bottom one shows - the rest of the squares are black. I thought at first it was your statement about earth hour but then realized it was happening in all your posts. Very strange. Hope I can fix it. We have been watching "Life" also. It is amazing the shots they have been able to capture. What a wonderful world the Lord has created for us. It is a "tender mercy".

Anonymous said...

If you are interested - Megan has a blog she has been doing for about three years. It is about our family and her life. It is an open blog. Here is the info:
http://www.meganzurcher.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Thanks Aunt Cheryl! I'll link to her blog so we can keep up. =) So sad about the pictures!! I wonder what's happening....hmmmm

Larsen's said...

What a great post. I wish we would have done that! (well, I guess technically we still could) I love how the missionaries came over...how cozy!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com