Friday, June 25, 2010

Field Trip Friday

Today was our first "field trip Friday". We decided to head to the beach (even though it was pretty overcast) to celebrate our week of learning about the ocean.
We played with trucks...and then Ezra threw Cheerios to the seagulls (which is his new favorite word. "Eeee guhhhl").
After being attacked by a flock of hungry birds, we decided to abandon ship and run around a bit.
Ezra got SOOO close to the ocean (those of you who know about his fear of waves know that this is a HUGE deal!) He even played "chase" with the incoming tide!!
Then we looked for shells and pretty rocks.
After that, we wrastled and sang some silly "sea" songs. I'm including a very LOOOOONG series of shots for the Grandmas!


Even though the sun didn't come out, we had a GREAT time! When we left, Ezra waved "bye bye" to the dolphins, starfish, sharks, jellyfish, clams, etc... Ha ha ha!
I wanted to add these cute pictures of yesterday's craft. He really liked creating these cereal starfish...but he liked eating the cereal even more. =)
We hung them above his play table in the front room. Owen finds them fascinating.

4 comments:

Erin and Matt said...

Fun! What a cute boy! That's awesome that he's liking the water a little more each time you go! I love that he threw cereal at the birds!

Larsen's said...

OK, I have decided to totally steal your weekly camp theme idea. I love it! Next week will be our first...wait for it...PLANTS! :)

Those pictures of Ezra are super cute!

Lisa Berg Vincent said...

Jen!! I love love love looooove the pics of adorable beautiful Ezra smiling at the beach! Oh my gosh - gorgeous! You really captured him perfectly! I think they deserve some blowing up and hanging on the wall action! Oh how I love you - kiss my nephew from me.

Anonymous said...

Oh my little teacher, hoew could you reset classroom decorations and units crafts and field trip. Ezra ia one lucky little boy to have a ssuch a great teacher for a Mom, and what a mom she is I love you all kiss Talin ans Ezra for me

Mom xoxoxox

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com