Thursday, June 24, 2010

Aloha Summer!

We started our "summer school" program this week! Hooray for the start of summer!
This week's theme is Aloha. Ezra and I have been talking about oceans, island, Polynesian culture, and listening to lua music alllllll day!

On Monday Ezra was so excited to help put up decorations. He thought these Tiki masks were hilarious!
We put them all over the front room...
then we strung this silly banner across the windows. I like the cheesy, fake flowers...Emma and Owen are not so sure they like how the "grass" blows in the breeze.
The favorite decoration by far is this inflatable monkey! After much snuggling and kissing, Ezra decided the best place for his new friend...
was hanging from the lamp in the corner. =)
We've been enjoying tropical treats at snack time. I was surprised to find mangoes on sale at Lucky's...Ezra on the other hand was NOT a fan! Grrr! He liked the bananas and pineapple, but something about those mangoes really turned him off. He LOVED the Hawiian bread, and he got to experience his first Jamba juice (mango flavor I might add) which he refused to share with me!

Crafts have been an adventure, to say the least! So far we've created an aquarium...
complete with sequin bubbles. He didn't like coloring with crayons (apparently crayons are a snack food...I'm so silly because I keep trying to make him use them on paper. "Duh Mom...these go in your MOUTH!" Ha!) But, he loved the stickers and glue.
Next we attempted this shark kit. Peel and stick...sounds easy enough.
To be fair, he really did like it....for about 5 mintues...
then he was all about the goofing off. =)

We got this far, and Ezra decided he'd had enough and nap time sounded pretty good!

The craft fairy stepped in while he slept, and when he sat down for lunch he found a new sharky friend ready to play with him.

Our books for the week are Flotsam, Mister Seahorse, Luka's Quilt, Beach Day, and One White Wishing Stone. Friday we're taking a field trip to the beach...hopefully the weather stays nice. Don't you love summer time?

4 comments:

FeLog said...

you are too cute having weekly themes for the summer. I hope I remember to do something like that for Natalie next summer when she's a little more grown up.... remind me ok?

Larsen's said...

Oh, how fun and creative! Can't wait to see what the other weeks bring! :)

krissy o said...

wow, i am a total lazy bum . . . but seriously, what an incredibly lucky little boy! you're the best mommy ever.

Anonymous said...

Can I come to summer school too?? Dang, it makes me miss having you and all your sisters home. Wheeler farm, the zoo(sorry, yes you did go and liked it),raging and magic waters, running through the sprinklers and filling up the plastic pool before church so it would be all warm when we came home. singing every primary and fun song we knew at the top of our lungs swinging on the porch swing. *sigh* What fun it was and what great memories I have. It makes me so happy to see the traditions being past on, but even better by my little girl all grown up and using her wonderful teaching talents to make it even better. I love you Jen and I'm smiling from ear to ear. Have a fun fun week in Americana Land!!

What would I do without this blog?
Love you Mom xoxoxox

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com