This week's activities were a little hectic! My family planned a mini-reunion on the 24th of July (Pioneer Day in Utah) so our theme was all about pioneers, cowboys, and other exciting western goodies.
We started things off with a mixed-media painting.
He listened to "On the Trail" from Three Amigos and used warm colored crayons and finger paints..
We started things off with a mixed-media painting.
to get this beautiful picture we titled "sunset on the range". I had stickers of cacti, cattle and cowboys to put on this but they mysteriously disappeared. =( Oh well...he seemed to like just using the crayons and paints.
But, no matter how hard I tired to convince him, he only wanted to play with his colorful square...NOT wear it!
When we got to Utah Grandma Kris had a super fun new book waiting! Hooray!!
When he was done, he ran his creation back to Mimi and proudly showed her what he had done. So cute!
For field trip Friday we went to a pioneer recreation village. I spent one of my college summers volunteering here and had my bridal pictures taken in the fields, orchards, and historic homes in this park...it was a little surreal to be there with a wild toddler of my own. =)We had so much fun! So much in fact that I'm planning on doing a separate post on our adventures. Stay tuned!
Plus, Grandma Kris brought her SUPER nice camera and telephoto lens...so I have MILLIONS of pictures that deserve their own post. =)
Our books this week were: Cowboy Bunnies, Little Britches and the Rattlers, The Ugly Truckling, and Cowboy Baby.

1 comments:
Oh my beautiful beeeeyoutiful shister!! Has anyone ever mentioned how seriously Beautiful you are! Good crap woman!
Post a Comment