Ok, so I realize it isn't officially the END yet...
...but last night marked the end of San Mateo's free music in the park series...
...which essentially means...
...summer in San Mateo is over.
Not to mention the fact that we had to bundle up Ezra 3 different times last night because he woke up complaining that he was sooooo cold.
Yep, fall is offically on the way.
(just watch...now that I've said that, next week will have temps. in the 80's. blargh!)
Poor Tal has been working his booty off lately so he didn't get to enjoy the glory that is "music in the park", but Ezra and found a great spot with lots of room to dance and be silly.

Of course we had to start things off with dinner....of which Ezra ate pretzels, a cookie, and some milk.
GRRR!
Why do I always cave to those gorgeous blue pleading eyes,
"pleeeeease mommie?"
Once he realized I was messing around with the old olympus camera
(notice the dark marks in the corner...oh well...at least it WORKS!)
He begged and begged to be allowed to take over the role of historian.
I told him he could,
(the camera's already wonky...how much more damage could he do to it?)
but told him he had to pose for ONE picture....
which he did...
ta dah!
HA!
Then he proceeded to take random shots of our night.
My shoes...
...me reaching out to help him stabilize his arms...
...a litle girl being scolded....
...more little girls having a beach ball party...
...and an artsy shot of our surroundings.
After the camera fascination wore off, we danced and danced...and tossed our beach ball around...until he noticed the balloon lady.
Of course, he asked for a monkey...
...whom he lovingly named Chimpy.
Then the sun started to set...
...the songs got better and better...
...but eventually we ran out of steam.
We said goodbye to the dusk damp lawn, packed up our blankets, and headed for home.
On the walk back Ezra watched the HUGE, beautiful, full moon rise and wondered aloud,
"why is the sky sooooo purple."
I realized that most nights he's tucked in before sunset and doesn't get to see the beautiful colors.
We talked about the sun going to bed and the sky waving goodbye.....and I thought of a line from one of our favorite books
"Shadows are falling, the Sun says goodbye. Softly the moon rises into the sky.
Slowly we wander home, too tired to play, sun-kissed and happy from our lovely day."
And what a lovely day it was. =)

1 comments:
Jenny more please . I hate it when you go silent. I feel like I am missing out and although I love FaceTime and the phone the blog and pictures are the closes to being with you. I am so sad tonight because I called but I think you had gone to bed. I miss you little girl and I wish I could play with, talk to, and hold Ezra whenever I wanted. It is hard to have you Talin and Ezra away and Heidi too and soon Lisa and all her sweet babies will be far away. Life is such a heartache sometimes, I know lesson's are learned from the hard things we do in life but families were meant to live by each other. So write Jenny and post the pictures so it won't seem like it's slipping through my fingers quite some quickly.
Post a Comment