Life without a camera is hard....
...let me rephrase that...
...life that you want to document on your blog is hard without a camera!
As grateful as I was to have my little cell phone camera with me at girls camp this year, I found myself wishing over and over that I could capture details like early morning sun on a spider web or pensive faces around a glowing campfire.
You know...
...the kind of things that only a TRUE camera can pick up.
Oh well.
Luckily, I was able to snag some pictures from the other leaders so that this wonderful trip won't be forgotten.
The road to camp winds up highway 1.
I can honestly say it was one of the most beautiful trips to girls camp I have ever experienced.

Once there, we set up "tent city" for the girls (25 for the whole stake!)...
...and "tent capital" for the leaders/priesthood.
(yes, I realize you can only see my tent in this shot...but there were at least 10 tents up here!)
I was so excited to find REAL flushing toilets, showers, and sinks....I had to take a picture for all my girls camping friends in Utah to envy.
(even if there were giant signs above the toilet warning us to close the lid so that "furry creatures" wouldn't fall in and drown.
blargh!)
We waisted no time getting down to the crafting!

Our girls have some serious skills!
We sang songs...
....and crafted some more.
On the second day we swam!
Can you see the white peacock watching us splash and play?
And, of course, we crafted some more.
HA!
We bundled up for skits around the campfire...
...and laughed our bootys off at the talent show...
...and crafted some more!
(yes, I took this picture once I got home...but you should have seen how wonderful the girls' were!
Thanks to my beautiful mom for the design!!)
On the last day, we had so much fun dancing around the Maypole...
...and jousting with fun noodles....
...that we didn't find time to craft.
Blasphemy!
Ha ha, just kidding!
I'm sure their little fingers loved the break from all the taping, gluing, painting, and creating.
I had the time of my LIFE at camp this year, and came away with some truly amazing memories!
But, nothing will compare to the feeling I got when I turned around on that last day and saw my amazingly handsome Talin man walking toward me in the late afternoon sun.
Eeeeeeeee!
I literally wanted to dive into his arms and never let go.
(of course, the fact that it was our 3rd anniversary may have amplified those feelings just a liiiiiiiiiitle bit.
HA!)

2 comments:
Your blog is gorgeous. How do you do all this stuff?
Oh Melissa you're so sweet! It's because I've only got the one to chase around instead of three like you. =)
Post a Comment