Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ezraisms #4

...A few more worth documenting.....

On Friday, our church was holding a blood drive.
Ezra, of course, had an EPIC breakdown when I tried to leave him in the nursery while I donated. Hearing his screams down the hall, I plucked him out of the room and then spent the next 10 minutes with him on the couch in the foyer trying to figure out why he's decided that he hates to go to nursery (on Sunday or any other day....)
Finally I flat out asked him..
"Can you just tell me WHY you don't want to go to nursery?"
He looked me straight in the eye and said...
"Because.....I don't have to!"

HA HA HA, oh dear...he's figured that out too quickly.
Along those same lines....
at church today the refusal to attend nursery held strong....
...he spent 2 HOURS without toys, snacks, or any other distractions (we're trying to make life outside of nursery as boring as possible) and sat quietly on a chair in the "grown up" meetings. I'm a little afraid of how powerful this kid's resolve is!!

Yesterday at the ward picnic, a strong wind would occasionally blow across the tops of the tables tossing napkins and styrofoam plates to the ground.
Ezra was waiting for one of his friends to finish dinner so that the two of them could run off to the play ground.
Suddenly, a gust blew his friend's plate across the table and he cried out.
I quickly remedied the situation and told our little friend that everything was alright.
Ezra decided to help by patting his shoulder and nodding....
"It's ok babe, the wind is all gone! Come play!"
Babe?
Well hello tiny Talin!
HA! =)
We decided to grab a quick dinner at one of our favorite chinese restaurants.
After the meal, the waitress brought out a tray of chilled oranges for Ezra and, of course, three fortune cookies.
Ezra immediately dove for the cookie but I hastily moved them away and declared that once he finished his orange slices he could have one.
He grumpily chomped his way through two slices and then danced with glee as I passed his treat over.
Snapping it in half, he handed the slip of paper that fell out to me and I jokingly asked him what his fortune had said.
He looked at it....thought for a minute...and stated:
"It says 'STOP EATING ORANGES!"



2 comments:

krissy o said...

Ha ha ha! I could laugh about the fortune cookie thing all day long! Ezra is clever, you're in for a challenge for the next 16 years!

Don, jaymie, 4 cute kids said...

What a cute little man! i love the things kids say...they provide most of my daily entertainment! I could fill up a whole journal of the crazy things they say! What a smart kid!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com