OK, so I realize that three successive posts about Ezra's second birthday is a bit much...but what can I say, he's a bit of an obsession of mine! =)
Yesterday we kicked off the celebrations by letting him open ONE present.
He was so excited to see "Creaky Cranky" that he demanded to bring him in the car with us! As we drove Talin to the train station, we stopped and got Ezra's favorite breakfast of bagels and cream cheese .
The rain ruined our plans of driving down to Felton to see the big steam "puffer bellies". =(
So, we parked by the airport to watch the planes take off instead.
On the drive home, Ezra asked to stop at the toy store (we've been at Toys R Us for various reasons 3 times over the past two days). I decided to shake things up a bit and went to Talbot's toyland (the FAO Schwartz of San Mateo). We spent an hour and half playing with the displays and just looking around. On the way home Ezra pointed out this beautiful rainbow over our house. (Yes Dad...I realize my windshield is cracked...it's first on the list to get fixed)
After a deliciously long nap, the rain wasn't letting up, so we hunkered down and played trucks/trains. Ezra helped me put together his construction cake.

He kept eating little trees...but in the end his quiet shouts of "wow" each time I pushed handfuls of chocolate rocks into the frosting made it worth it. =)

Once Talin walked in the door from work, the party really got started! Ezra was running around the house like a wild man, screaming about cakes and presents!! We got online to video chat with the Wadsworth fam.
The blowing out of the candle was a bit sad...poor Ezra wouldn't even look at the cake once the flame was lit. He's still got that fear of fire from our fireworks adventure on the 24th of July. Poor baby!!
But, as soon as we pulled the presents out he was right back to his normal happy self.
He loved opening and inspecting the gifts from Grandma, Grandpa, his Aunts and Uncle. His favorites were a magnetic construction book and a Martha Stewart kitchen set. My favorite were the baby Tom's!!! SO cute!
After we said goodbye to the family, it was time to open a few last gifts.
The old school record player was an instant hit!
So were the stacking turtles from Aunt Heidi...
although I think Talin liked them more. =)
Today the sun was up and shining, so we ventured a Caltrain ride into the city to make up for missing the steam trains on his birthday.
Ezra was so excited to be on a train I couldn't even get him to look at me for a picture. Every time we stopped at a station he would look worriedly out the window and say "go again". HA! I told him not to worry...we had a long way to go.
We saw a LOT of construction sites...which made for some embarrassingly loud shouts of "Backhoe! Steamroller! Dump truck! Excavator! Cement Mixer!"
Once we made it to the city, we picked up a snack of goldfish and a bottle of water, then boarded another train for home. This train was newer and had a cool little snack table just waiting to be used.
All in all I think it was a wonderful birthday! Thanks everyone for making it so special. =)

1 comments:
His Toms look so cute on him! I love them! Such a fun birthday! The cake was so awesome, Jen!
Post a Comment