Friday, February 27, 2009

Babies learn more...

I read an article in American Baby that said infants learn more in 3D. In other words, a baby learns more from watching their Mom, Dad and neighbors then they do from pictures or other learning aids. We love reading to Ezra and that will never stop, but the new goal is to get him more 3D stimulation...aka...MORE PEOPLE! =) Yesterday, Ezra and I went to brunch with the ladies from the ward. It was GREAT! Ezra would cry every time I put him over my shoulder because he couldn't see anyone anymore. As soon as I sat him in my lap to watch the kids running around and analyze the people talking, he would settle right down. Today we went to lunch at Stratford. It was fun to be surrounded by grown-ups but Ezra got WAY to overstimulated...we're going to have to do this in a slow progression. Before he got so mad I was able to take some pictures though....

Beautiful Allyson



Lovely Shefali


We came home and got settled enough to actually eat lunch (Ratatouille for me...mmmmm..Trader Joe's I love you!) Ezra ate a little better this time. We started mixing baby acidophilus into his bottles to help settle his stomach and see if that helps him eat better. The jury is still out on it, but he seemed a little more content. All in all it was a pretty crazy day. It was fun to see everyone though. =)

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I didnt know he was having tummy troubles? Changing formula helps with that sometimes.

Jen said...

It's not that he's having trouble so much as he's just decided to stop eating! The pediatrician said to just follow his cues and let him eat when he wants to eat...he's definitely not having weight gain problems. =)

Marcie said...

If he does get colicky, I swear by gripe water. I will never have a newbie in the house without having a bottle of it in case. Okay, this came awful late if you needed it a month ago. Oh well.
I'm glad you are getting out of the apartment.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com